K. The story. So, I'm headin' out our front door to an early church meeting on a beautiful spring sunday morning when i notice a large chest of drawers on our porch with the following note attached...
I was in a hurry, so I just chuckled and chalked it up as a funny discovery. Then as I was sitting in sacrament meeting it hit me, (I know, I know, should have been thinking of other things) 'that woman just pawned off a large chest of drawers on us that she apparently doesn't want....diabolical!' As they days went on and that stupid thing sat on our porch it sunk in more and more..."WEIRD. 1. why does she think we need one? 2. how does she think we have room 3. again...WHY DOES SHE THINK WE NEED ONE!" In her defense maybe she really thinks we wanted it (we were carting out loads of stuff the day before for a garage sale? im giving her the benefit of the doubt.) anywho, this woman is genius.
Another story clicked when a few weeks before she said that we were probably stressed with finals and more than welcome to go out in the Sun and work in the landlord's garden. Im telling you, I think we all could learn something from our neighbor, she pawns stuff so nicely that I think we will have to call her and thank her for it :) take note my friends.
by the way, Holly's sister did need a dresser, so it all worked out...this time.
5 comments:
We used to live in the basement of an old lady (same place Brian and Jamie used to live) Old ladies are sneaky, and know that they can get anything! Me and deb had no problems paying $250 more a month on rent to live somewhere else where she couldn't ask us to do things for her.
She's very nice otherwise.
That is sooooooo funny Ryan! And I just saw your picture below with Holly's hair . . . Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
That is SO funny!! And diabolical!!! This reminds me of someone else I know, I'm not naming names but they have a hard time throwing things aways so they give them to me so they don't have to feel guilty about throwing stuff away. bless their hearts.
Oh man. I still can't get over this. Ryan left out important details though. 1) we locked our door around midnight Saturday night and the dresser wasn't there. We woke up and Ryan left for a meeting around 10:30 am - when did she move it over? And how did she do it herself? It was kind of heavy..... 2) It wasn't that big of a deal until we had to figure out who we were going to pawn it off on - then it became SUPER annoying. Funny thing was, when we gave it to Michelle we ended up just dropping it off on her porch around 11:00 pm and leaving (her kids were asleep so we couldn't move it in).
I still need to write her a thank you note. I think I will go do that right now!
Thanks to Holly and Ryan's neighbor for their dresser! And to H&R for moving it into Chloe's room for me. Now Chloe, Jace and I don't have to all share one! And ya know with the amount of clothes she has, that she REALLY needed her own!!!!
Post a Comment