Monday, May 29, 2006

a kind gesture...

hey ya'll...

i mean't to discuss this with ya'll when i at one point over the weekend sat around a fire with most of you, but the thought completely left my mind until now. as you know, my swell girlfriend, holly, is in romania right now helping out the orphans and hospitalized children there. the circumstances there are very scattered and sad... (this video clip give a quick brief into the situation there... http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1941485&page=1).

the reason i am telling you of this is if you wanted to help. i often ask holly how i, or anyone else can help (she had nothing to do with this entry and at this point, does not know that it exists) and she replied that really the best way to help is with disposable diapers. heidi sent out a email to some of her family and friends concerning this after she saw bits of the above clip and emailed holly as to how to help, with her permission, the following is a exerpt of what holly told heidi (thanks heidi)...

(holly to heidi)

"'The diapers really help because the kids do get really bad rashes, often times it's so bad that they bleed if you try to wipe them or anything. What you said about the show reminded me of my experience just yesterday at the hospital, I was in a room with three little babies and all of them were crying at the same time to be held. I had two in both of my arms and I was trying to calm the other one down, it was so heartbreaking to me that they didn't have someone to love them and hold them. I find it amazing though that despite the terrible conditions and the fact that they don't have anything, these little kids are still happy.'
She said that they sit in rags for hours at a time sometimes, so with money, she can buy disposable diapers for them and that would help a little bit."

so, that is what i am lettin' ya'll know about. no obligation AT ALL, but i wanted to give you the opportunity to help if you wanted to. again, holly said the best way to help is to donate money and she can then buy disposable diapers for the children to have. so, if you are interested in donating some money towards buying disposable diapers for the romanian orphans, the best way is to either give the money to me, or, mail the money to holly's mom (email me for the address) and either way the money will deposited (through holly's mom) into holly's bank account and allotted to purchasing diapers. so, if you would be interested, let me know and i will give you more details. im planning on sending down a check at the beginning of next week, so, again, you can either mail it to her mom, or give me the money by this weekend or sooner (email me, or post to let me know if ya wanna donate, so i can make arrangements,) im sure any contribution will be greatly appreciated. thanks much. -ryan

2 comments:

sugarbritches said...

That makes me SO sad!! It just breaks my heart to think of these babies with no families. I understand the country's reasoning on non adoption but there are so many people who could give them a better life. I wish I could go to Romania to hold babies. seriously. I wish I had done something like that when I was young. I am for sure sending money. Desitin is a good idea too - mention that to holly.

nannygoatgruff said...

Count me in for a donation. Keep reminding me though. I won't be offended. I am just spacey...