
i have a question for you all...a bit of a poll. is there one person in your life that you always seem to make an idiot of yourself to...OR IS IT JUST ME?! i have this secretary at my work that is the poor victim to my stupidity. she is a great lady, very nice, but must wonder everytime we encounter as to how i got into a decent school like BYU. i fear that the evidence i will try to present to you will not do it justice, but i will try.-basically this woman has given me directions multiple times to do something, and i either (for some reason) don't get it, or i think SHE is wrong, make a forward jab, and quickly am shot down in a vulnerable view of my stupidity that just always seems to be running a bit late around her.
-one day she asked me to sign for the card (to buy some stuff from the bookstore) to which i said i would. so, i went through the whole process and i politely waited to have them give me something to sign. "are you going to sign?" "yes, yes, i will." still they wait..." sign the recipt?" "OH...sorry." i quickly sign and leave. This is not fun, but only gets worse as i find myself on the elevator with her (to which i didn't see her coming so she had to rush on) and i punch in the number i thought she needed (or requested, i can't remember) only to have her say, (something like this...) "op, wrong one." and punches a new number. CRAP! AGAIN! this email has not done it justice, but i can promise you that except for MAYBE once or twice, i have done something dumb in front of her every time...which is about 7 or 8, and i (save it...) despite popular belief, am not usually that dumb of a person. so, there you go, the woman that makes an idiot of myself, and she probably has no idea. sigh.
3 comments:
hahahahahahah, stupid boy!
I can name at least 5 people in my ward who think I'm completely nuts (and I think they tell people about the weird things I do, so the number keeps spreading). At least she just thinks you're a little dumb. It's sad that she's missing out on the clever, witty Ryan.
Lisa ramblings yet again. I really believe some people have something in them that makes me behave like an idiot only in their presence. Unfortunately it's happened with many people in my life. The most recent is my bishop. I swear I am probably the only "special needs" primary president in history. Everytime I talk to him I become a bigger idiot. Example: The bishop is talking with me about choosing my counselors. He says, unless the spirit prompts you strongly, try to not choose wives of organizational heads. For example LeeAnn Adams, her husband is the elders quorum president and they have small children so it would put an stress on them on sundays so you wouldn't want to choose her. Ok. So i call the bishop. I have some name in mind..my first choice is LeeAnn Adams, she'd be great! Oh...ok...oh yeah... I guess my mind wandered as usual and all i heard was ...blah blah LeeAnn Adams blah blah... Ok. LeeAnn Adams..heard something about her. I'll choose her. How embarrassing! Each time he calls, I do something else. I might be released soon!
Post a Comment