Thursday, October 19, 2006

random musings...

its been a while since i have 'mused' my thoughts...here is a collection of various experiences i have wanted to share.

okay. first of all, my friend, josh, is getting married. pretty weird, but im happy for him. so. nerdily, he wanted to put a pic of them on his desktop, but everytime he did, it stretched it horizontally so it looked like they had been married for a couple of years. i helped him out, but this is pic he rejected...i just wanted to be a part of it too!
i KNOW they say it is the proper thing to do, but i just NEVER can do it! you know, point out something embarrassingly wrong with someone (food in the teeth, toilet paper in the wasteband, etc..) i would rather ignore it (or try really hard to) and let THEM FIGURE IT OUT OR SOMEONE ELSE POINT IT OUT! sure, they will be mad and embarassed that i didn't point it out, but hey, i will be far away! here is what brought it up. in my science class i made friends with a girl there. we always sit and talk, and its a good time. well, that day i looked over to find what i have recently heard been called a 'cliffhanger' from her nose. "crap. maybe it will just go away..." look over, DANGIT, STILL THERE! so, nervously i rub my nose...perhaps by voodoo i can get it off? she doesn't take the hint. for the next 45 minutes i see only that poor stranded climber and my nose is raw from hint-rubbing. c'mon, who doesn't scratch their nose for 45 minutes?! so. yeah. we'll see if she asks me about it tomorrow...i will just tell her i tried to tell her... this just happened a few hours ago. i was playing josh's cousin in a game of raquetball....he beat me 15-13...but early in the game he hit the wall and heard his shoulder crack...at that point it was 6-0, him. sigh. anyways. i had worked up a vigoerous sweat and decided to wash in the gym showers...it was only me and i heard a man's and KIDS voices coming down the hall, 'what the, this ought to be interesting.' the dad and the older boy past with no incident, but the littlest kid, four years old maybe? look...then double looked with wideeyes... what am i supposed to do?! wave 'hi?' give 'em a thumbs up? flip him with a towel? so i just tried to scrutch behind the now VERY narrow shower poll. all i possibly heard was "DAD...WASH...PEEPEE!" uuhhh. the shower, who had become my friend at that brief, terrifying incident, was not producing hot water, so i moved to a corner shower, which also gave me some refuge to gather my thoughts. about 5 minutes later, i see the family pass again...they CANNOT see me...phew...then i see that little kid suddenly peek those wide eyes around the corner again...once again, what do you...i just kind of smiled and waved. he ran off again, yelling to his dad. ah...BYU.


10 comments:

Loud Boy said...

Oh goodie, I get to be the first and quite possibly only blogger to comment on this blog. Wow, I feel so special!

Now stop flashing your little one to the little ones!

mandi said...

I think you were right for not telling her about the boog. Who wants to be told that? I'd rather be in denial and tell myself no one saw it.

The shower thing - that reminds me of a long story...how lucky for everyone reading this. I will never understand why any locker room has open showers. Shouldn't EVERYONE care about their nakedness even in front of the same gender? I say yes. We went to the Lehi pool and they have signs all over the women's locker room to not bring in your little boys. Well, I'm not going to let my little boy go by himself to the men's room - who knows what could happen in there? (Ryan could be in there showering!) So of course I brought him with me. After swimming the kids like to get warm in the open showers, so they were in there having a fun time. I went to change the baby and when I came back I got the shock of my life seeing a completely naked 40 year old woman showering next to my children! Alex was staring like he's never stared before. There were empty stall showers nearby for pete's sake! Why would she do that? It was like she was enjoying the attention. What a weirdo!

Jaime said...

I can't believe that lady at the pool, Mandi - I think I would've been a little peeved. Poor Alex.

That is so uncomfortable when little kids are a little too curious. I've had kids looking through the cracks of the stall when I pee. Just give them a mean face and they won't look anymore.

holly fay said...

ryan if i ever have a booger in my nose you better tell me or else i'll blow my snot on you, just so you know how much i love you. :)

sugarbritches said...

As everyone knows, I have an obsessive unreasonable grossed out fear of nose goo of any form. If I hear about it, see it, think about it, or talk about it I nearly barf. Now all I can think about is this girl and her "cliffhanger" - (the word makes me laugh though). Is is still there? I could never have watched it. I'm gagging right now. This poor girl would have not known what the deal was if I was there because I wouldn't be able to look away, but I would keep dry heaving each time I looked. Poor girl. change the subject now. Ryan's peepee. wait no, that doesn't help, that's creepy. not that your peepee is creepy. that I know of. Ok, gotten in too deep. public showers. there. that works. I HATED HATED HATED showering in the gym in jr and high school. Back in the olden days they MADE you shower after gym. completely naked in one room. It was awful. I think it's super cruel. I hated it for many reasons, most are obvious, but I also hated it because I only had one bra and it was gray and embarrassing. There was this girl in our class who had enormous bosoms and wore a fancy bra every day, and there I was trying to hide my grayish teen trainer. humiliating.

Loud Boy said...

HEY! Why is there a ghost behind Josh in the photo? Do you see it? I'm serious! What's up with that?


((((IT'S VIDEO TUESDAY DANGIT!))))
WHERE IS MY ENTERTAINMENT FOR THE WEEK?

mandi said...

Wednesday, 12:41am. No video. This is a sad day.

Loud Boy said...

WAY TO LEAVE US HANGING! WHAT HAPPENED TO VIDEO TUESDAY? IS COLLEGE TOO MUCH FOR YOU?

heidi said...

Funny musings, Ryan. Longer story, but I'll make it shorter--it's really sad and embarassing...in High School I went to my art class and a boy (that I didn't know well) looked at me, chuckled and said, "You have a REALLY big booger." I rubbed my nose and it was REALLY big. Class hadn't started yet, so no one else had to share the humiliation. I am still grateful to that boy! You gotta tell Ryan!

Loud Boy said...

Pleas ryry tell us why you have a ghost in the photo!