k. so for one of my industrial design classes, called 'design thinking,' we have the best assignments ever. here are some of them:-given a bag of random odds and ends, make a device that jumps in the air at least 3 inches...
-make a lamp out of materials from home depot and a plug in night light, but you cannot go
to the lighting section.
...and there was some other fun ones. this one was a blast! basically we had to make 'something' out of 'something.' in other words, find something that is usually discarded and make something useful out of it. kind of along the lines of those purses made out of license plates, belts with bottle caps made out of old seat belts, etc.. so. for mine, i decided to make a 'satchel' bag out of the lumber straps they discard at home depot. the entire bag consists only of the lumber straps and brads from staples. enjoy the photo collage...

and these...






14 comments:
ryan! that is so amazing. you should show martha. she'd be impressed with that too.
Nice job Ry-ry. How many stitches did you need after handling all of those straps?
the straps were plastic, but man my hands are raw!
Holy crap Ryan! That is really cool! You are such a clever lad!
That's really cool Ryan. I want to see it in real life.
Wow...I'm impressed!!! I think you should pitch the idea to gucci!
That is so cool. That bag could carry anything.
What a cool purse -seriously! It looks just the right size for all the drugs on your desk.
hey! holly pointed out the same thing! must run in the family, for yours and EVERYONES information it is my roommate vern's. do i look like i need protein enhancing products? wait. don't answer that.
sorry. i found out that heidi's wrote that and not holly's mom. okay. one of you has to change your log in name!
THAT MY FRIEND IS AWESOME!!!!!I'M IMPRESSED!!! I wish you could spread some of that genius gene around---I could use oh, just --ALOT!!
Please update!
It's a man purse. So now both of my brothers have purses.
DINGLE BERRY! UPDATE YOUR BLOG I AM HAVING WITHDRAWAL!
Post a Comment