Monday, June 25, 2007

funny memory to share


okay. i have a million other things that i would rather blog than this one (literally, a million) but i ran across this pic and thought ya'll would enjoy it and the story.

this was probably my best halloween costume ever. i was, obviously a walmart greeter, and a great one to boot. basically i shadowed some walmart workers and made the costume from scratch from my observations. everyone at school (my senior year, would have been halloween 2002) seemed to enjoy it. i went in to the preschool portion of the high school to see some of my friends who were counselors there (that the right term?) and sat down to watch the kids do their halloween games. while resting there with my cane, one of my fellow high school students whom i didn't know came up and asked, "now which one of these kids is one of your grandchildren?" i looked up startled and it clicked for both of us...she thought i was really that old, and she suddenly realized that i wasn't! it was less of a laugh for her than it was for me and more of a freak out for her. hilarity all around...goodtimes.

7 comments:

yo mama said...

Ah that was great Ryan. A little glimpse into the life of us old people. Now maybe you'll understand . . . . . . .

biscuit said...

I don't know what to say

sugarbritches said...

wow, when i saw the picture at first glance i had no idea it was you. amazing costume!! I had heard about it but I realize I've never seen it before. I wish I'd thought of it!!!

Dave & Elyse Hyatt said...

hahahahahaha......you're a cute old man Ryan!!!

The Hyatt's said...

Ryan, among the many pictures that you choose to adorn your wedding table with, I think that this one should be a top pick. Incredible!

heidi said...

One of the best Halloween costumes ever.

heidi said...

Mia just said, "RYAN? Is that Ryan?"