Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ah April 15th...



What do these three images have in common? No, its not that they all involve men with beards. But that April 15th (today) was a big day for all of them. The closest I get to conspiracy theories is the day of April 15th, so many big things happened today! Not only is it the deadline for taxes, the day that I-15 reconstruction was "completed", and my elementary school debate competition (see, I keep track of these things.) but many famous things in history.

-Leonardo Da Vinci was born on this day,

-Abraham Lincoln died from an assassination this day

-The Titanic sunk this day

Call me cooky, but its all kind of interesting. Check out less cool dates here. So enjoy today and who knows what it will bring... HAPPY APRIL 15th!

4 comments:

Mark Nott said...

Dodi's Birthday!



yeah, I've never heard of him either.

The Beardalls said...

mmm..thats really something to think about I didn't realize that. but of course you thought of it, us "herkin' high folk juss don't think good"
Yeah, Juno was kinda weird for the first little bit, but it ends up being SO good, you just forget about it. I bought that a footloose yesterday :) movie marathon cause andy left now I don't have anything to do for the next...16 days.

sugarbritches said...

I didn't know that, I only think about it being tax day. Luckily tom is one of those people who does his taxes the day the W2's are mailed. We usually have our refund (if one is given) weeks before most people even start theirs. For some reason I thought it was earlier in the year when the Titanic sunk, probably because of the iceberg think. Holy Crap my cat STINKS!!!!! I can't even finish my comments because I have to run away from this foul oderous creature!!

gotta go girl said...

Interesting trivia of which I was not yet aware. Thanks for the enlightenment.