Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight (updated)


Best...Movie...Ever...(from what I can remember)

Okay, I will now go more in depth. I have been a Batman fan for years (as far back as when it didn't look awkward for me to put on tight skimpy black tights and run around with a batman mask on) and have loved the movies. I agree with the majority that "Batman Begins" blew away its previous franchise (for you 'lesser fans' its the first one with that Christian Bale who you all think is SOOO pretty) but my premiere experience for this movie was walking by the poster in front of a ghetto movie theatre in a ghetto town on my mission. So, the opportunity to be able to actually see the movie in the theatres was exciting, so I went full gusto (as 'they' say) and Holly and I got midnight showing tickets.

Needless to say Holly wasn't as excited as I was to see the movie, but being a great sport, she endured through and made it a fun experience for me, she even took pics.
The movie was amazing. Definitely dark and intense (had I had a full bladder, I would have emptied it at some parts, lucky I planned for this and emptied it in a proper receptical before the show) but really blew away my expectations. This sounds so weird, but during the movie I thought "I should write the director and thank him for such a great movie." But that thought was quickly forgotten as I was startled at yet again by another explosion and Batman kickin' bottom.

3 comments:

Mark Nott said...

I've got tickets for saturday afternoon... I'm scared.

Ruthjeppson said...

Joel and I saw it this week-end it was a very good movie. I like movies that I cannot figure out what is going to happen. (my family does not like it when I whisper to them during the movie my prediction) no prediction on this movie it was good! I also like that in the mass distruction there is a glimmer of Hope.

Ruthjeppson said...

Joel and I saw it this week-end it was a very good movie. I like movies that I cannot figure out what is going to happen. (my family does not like it when I whisper to them during the movie my prediction) no prediction on this movie it was good! I also like that in the mass distruction there is a glimmer of Hope.