
I know, I know. I missed you all too. I really have. Remember the days of weekly videos and a couple days a week of hilarity? Ah. Those WERE the days.
Anywho, I'm back (for now) and would love to ramble about my job (not sure why, but I think its entertaining.)
My job may not be as exciting as my cousin's job, but still I enjoy it a lot.
Allow me to indulge.
I work for a local company called Zoobies, LLC. here in Provo. It is a plush toy company started by two brothers from Kaysville that makes stuffed animals that turn into blankets and pillows. I originally ran across the job last March on a BYU bulletin board which stated they were looking for a graphic designer. I had just recently ended a job with another company and was currently working for an anthropology professor tracing old pictographs and statues (not the most exciting job, but I got of lot of audio books listened to.) I went in and interviewed with Zoobies, showed a bit of my work, and they gave me the job. Super fun place to work. I wheetled my way into to not only do graphic work, but also product design, which was my major at the time. Basically all day I design stuffed animals, do necessary graphic work that they need and shoot my coworkers with dart guns. We also have a Disney contract so I do a lot of Disney plush designs as well. Seriously huge blessing that I got this job. I am well over my head, but love every minute of it. (PS, this is why I went to China, to check out the factory and finalize our 2009 line.) I did a lot of the designs for the 2009 line, so you'll have to check it out when it comes out (I'm sure the suspense is killing you.)
So. That was a lame post, now I feel dumb for writing it, but I guess these blogs are to give insight into your life, so I thought I would explain a bit of mine. Sorry.
6 comments:
wow congrats. That sounds really awesome.
It's still inexcusable to ignore your blog. You should treat it like a tamagotchi pet. You would hate to have your blog poop everywhere.
I think you have the coolest job too Ryan! And just think how cool your future children will think it is, when they're dad makes them toys!!! We love our zoobies!!
I think your job is way cool! ANd so do my kids. We took them on a "fieldtrip" and we were all quite impressed at what he does. I am very excited to see what you have designed. I was in red balloon the other day and there was a shelf of Zoobies! How cool is that. I wanted to shout to all around that my brother designed zoobies, then I stopped myself since it probably wasnt the time or place. But deep inside I was cheering for you very loudly Ryan! Way to go Ryan! We seriously are very impressed about your job and of course you should post it, its something to be very proud of! But now I am curious what cousin has the cooler job?
My friend bought me a Zoobie up here in Seattle, I love it. Adia can't sleep without it. I had no idea you were the mastermind behind the adorableness. Way to go.
We love Zoobies! I am giving them to my nieces and nephews on the other side of the family. Did you find my horse yet Ryan? I need to take advantage of my "in". We are proud of our little Ryan!
Cousin...your job is way cooler...you bring smiles to small children.
Post a Comment