Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17th

Some days I just love. Today, December 17th happens to be one of them. Cool things happened this day.

For those who didn't know (I sometimes forget myself) I used to be an airplane GURU as a child. Most of it has stuck with me, but I keep it more reserved so I don't get beat up by people. It was on this day 105 years ago that Orville & Wilbur Wright make their first airplane flight on December 17th, 1903 at 10:35 am on Kitty Hawk Hill, on Kill Devil Hill in North Carolina. Yes, I recalled all that from memory. I remember celebrating to myself in 6th grade on this day back then. Don't beat me up, please.Next in chronological succession would be the birth of my favorite and only brother, Gary. Hes in the China now and has already had his birthday. We are so in the past.
Finally, December 17th 1003, five years ago, I departed on my mission. Crazy its been 5 years! I was so pure and baby faced then. I loved my mission. Good times for sure.

3 comments:

Mark Nott said...

almost as groundbreaking as the first flight, I got married Dec 17, 2004. You can add that to your list.

holly fay said...

why aren't we celebrating today?? how is work going? :)

gotta go girl said...

RYAN! Are you and Holly turning into an old couple like us that you communicate via blog and texting? I laughed at Holly's comment!